Last Update: 2013/11/18
VRSJ invites applications for membership from persons broadly connected with VR technology and culture.
VRSJ offers a forum for the exchange of information between researchers working in VR-related fields. In this way, it aims to promote advances in VR-related science and technology and the arts, as well as to contribute to the improvement and development of culture and welfare both in Japan and internationally.
We hereby encourage applications for membership from any persons conducting VR-related research in all fields, including engineering, science, medicine, physiology, psychology, sociology, philosophy, and the arts, as well as anyone else interested in the engineering and technological, or physiological, psychological, philosophical, social, and economic aspects of VR.
- Receive the VRSJ’s publications (transactions and journal), four times a year
- Receive the VRSJ’s newsletters
- Receive notification of conferences, seminars, workshops and other events
- Opportunities to make presentations at conferences
- Opportunities to submit and present papers
- Receive discounts on publications issued by VRSJ
Membership requirements and fees
The types of membership offered are as follows:
- Regular members: Individuals who are specialists in VR or a related field
- Student members: Students currently studying/researching VR or a related field (including postgraduate students)
- Supporting members: Bodies such as companies, industrial facilities, research institutes, and foundations that are involved in VR and who agree with the aims of VRSJ
Annual/membership fees are as follows
|Annual fee||Annual fee Admission fee|
|Regular||10,000 yen||4,000 yen|
|Student||4,000 yen||4,000 yen|
The accounting/fiscal year of the VRSJ coincides with the January to December calendar year. As a rule, members are expected to pay a year’s membership in advance.
New members admitted at any time during the fiscal year shall be expected to pay the annual fee for the entire year. However, in such cases, new members will receive copies of each issue of the VRSJ’s journal and transactions published from the first of that year.
If you wish to join VRSJ as a supporting member, please contact the VRSJ Secretariat.
How to apply for membership
If you wish to join VRSJ, please apply using one of the methods below.
* As a condition of admission VRSJ you must specify a sponsor who is a current regular member of VRSJ. If you do not know a member who can sponsor your application, please contact us at email@example.com.
[Regular & student members]
- 1.Online application
- When applying online, you must first agree to observe the rules of the society. The registration process is then completed simply by entering the required information on a form. At the same time, please transfer payment for the admission and annual fees to the bank account or postal transfer account specified below. Note that the issue of membership No. and other formal procedures relating to admission will be performed after we confirm receipt of your payment.
- 2.Fax application
- When applying by fax, you must first agree to observe the rules of the society. You must then download the application form with the required information entered. The registration process is then completed simply by faxing the form to 03-5840-8766. At the same time, please transfer payment for the admission and annual fees to the bank account or postal transfer account specified below. Note that the issue of membership No. and other formal procedures relating to admission will be performed after we confirm receipt of your payment.
In addition, the VRSJ secretariat can send out application membership materials by postal mail. To request a postal application please contact the VRSJ Secretariat (contact details below).
- Account name: Virtual Reality Society of Japan (トクヒ）ニホンバーチャルリアリティガッカイ)
- Japan Post Bank account: Acct. No. 00120-8-161702
- Bank account: Mizuho Bank, Hongo branch, Futsu yoking [or, “ordinary account”?]: 2578257
Virtual Reality Society of Japan (VRSJ)
301 Yamakoshi Bldg., 2-28-3 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033